A genogram is created through the construction of a tree of origin. By being interested and paying attention to the stories of your ancestors, you can discover and establish relationships with the connections and meanings within your family history. You can choose which family values or matters that you either accept or disagree with: “yes”, this is mine, or “no”, for me it’s a different meaning.
Which family member is included in the genogram?
– Mother, father, any partners of parents;
– siblings and step-siblings;
– uncles and aunts;
– Previous and current partners, husbands/ wives;
– Children (your own/ adoptive/ aborted);
– Grandparents (sometimes their brothers or sisters, if they had a particularly difficult fate);
– Great-grandparents (sometimes up to the 5th-7th generation, if there were especially difficult events inside the family)
– other people integrated into the family (such as: nannies, wet nurse, a person who had a great influence and left an impression on the family life).
Working with the Query
Formulate what your issues are and what outcome you want in a 15-20 minutes conversation with the therapist with the use of metaphorical pictures, before the start of the constellation. It helps tune and resonate with the system.
These family constellations can help with relationship problems (relatives, partners, negative scenarios in the family), personal status (fears, dependencies, crises, illnesses), work (money, career, colleagues) and other difficulties. Often these topics overlap. It is important to try to imagine what your condition will be if the problem does go away: “What will change?”.
„The appropriate description of the problem – is already its solution. If the client could truly describe their problem, then it would be already resolved.“(Bert Hellinger).
Rules of the family constellation group:
– Participation: Only people who voluntarily participate in the constellation. Any participant can leave the group if necessary, informing their decision to the therapist who leads the constellation.
– Confidentiality: Everything that happens during the work of the group must remain confidential. Details of the client’s personal situation are not discussed anywhere outside the session and are not published.
– No judgement: Participants do not evaluate or comment on what happens during the placement. It is important to be attentive to your own feelings and trust yourself. If during the group the participant feels that their condition requires immediate attention – it is necessary to tell the therapist about this.
Diese Website benutzt Cookies. Wenn du die Website weiter nutzt, gehen wir von deinem Einverständnis aus.OKNein